When you buy products from us, delivery is included in the contract. Under the contract formed, we will deliver the goods to a place specified by you, the customer. This might include your own address; friends or relatives address. Although delivery is included in the contract we will itemise the delivery charge made on your invoice.
Our delivery service offers quick and reliable despatching of products; there may be a delay for remote areas and items in excess of 20kg. Our couriers charge us extra for going across water so we will by all means dispatch to you but please call us to ensure that we can send out to you. In the case of any surcharges, we try and keep these to the bare minimum and will combine deliveries for you to reduce costs where possible.
Our warehouse team aim to get parcels to you on a next day service and we work really hard to ensure this happens. Where there are delays we'll aim to email you as soon as we know there has been any significant delay. Please note that weekend orders are usually despatched on Mondays.Please be aware that we cannot give you an absolute guarantee delivery date for an order as the delivery itself is performed by an external courier service and, although it is very rare, failures do sometimes occur.
- If you have ordered before 4.00pm your parcel should be delivered on the next working day, 98.7% of our parcels were delivered successfully next day in September 2012 (this does not include Sundays). Orders placed before 4.00pm on Friday are delivered on Saturday. As an introductory offer, Saturday delivery is now available at our standard price of £5.99 excluding VAT.
- If you're chasing an order, it hasn't arrived or there is a problem with it, then please contact us straight away. There will always be a few exceptions where the delivery does not arrive within the estimated times. To trace your parcel, call us on 01952 913112.
- Standard delivery is a fixed rate of £5.99, excluding VAT (although please see note above about surcharges).
Privacy & Security
- We have made every effort to ensure your privacy and personal details are protected at all times when you shop with us.
You do not need to register with us to purchase items on our site. However shopping will be easier if you are registered, since you will not need to enter your contact details every time you wish to make a purchase.
If you are registered with us it makes it easier for us to contact you in the event of a product recall. You will also be able to receive email communications from us, such as newsletters advertising special offers or new products. If you are not registered you will not be receive any email communications from us.
- If at any time you wish to un-register from our site please contact us.
For as long as you are registered with us we will hold some of your personal details on our computer system. From time to time, our customer service representatives will have access to some of your personal details in order to process your purchase and/or to maintain your account. Our staff will never have access to the whole of your credit/debit card number and you will never be asked to confirm or give out any of your card details by email. Even if you are registered with us, our system will never record any of your card details in our database other than to process your order. Order details, in accordance with the Data Protection Act, must be kept for 5 years and then destroyed. If you un-register from our site we will cease to hold any personal details or any other information we may have collected about you during the time you have been registered with us, except for order details.
Keeping in Touch
If you are registered with us we may occasionally contact you with information about products which we feel are to be of interest to you. These recommendations may be made as a result of information we hold about you, or may be based on recent purchases you have made on our site.
Third Party Communications
You can feel confident of total security when registering your details on our site, since we will never pass your email address or any of your personal details on to any other third party companies. In order to provide our customers with the best service, we do sub-contract some customer service emails to Feefo who work on our behalf to independently review our service.
Shipping & Delivery
If your internet browser has cookies set to disabled, then items may not stay in your basket as you continue to shop. Our website is set to “allow all” cookies, to provide you with the quickest and easiest shopping experience. By shopping with us you are consenting to these cookie settings. If you wish to disable cookies, you can do so by clicking Settings in your internet browser.
- Feel free to order online or via the phone, We are open from 08.30am - 6pm - Monday - Friday and 9am - 1pm - Saturday. Unfortunately we do not currently offer a print catalogue - this is to keep our costs as low as possible in order to ensure we can give you the best price. If you would like some further advice prior to ordering, email in and we can call or email you back with your required information. It is extremely important that you keep your log-in and other registration details such as your password unknown to anyone but yourself. Always make sure you log out after using our site, especially when using a shared computer. In line with our security procedures, we will occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose any personal information which we hold about you.
While we try and ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of goods you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund.
- On placing your order you submit to us the details of products you wish to order. This is then passed to the team to be processed. An order confirmation is emailed to you, the customer, acknowledging the details of products you wish to order and your contact details.
- Acceptance of your order and the completion of the contract between you, the customer, and us, the seller, takes place on dispatch of the goods ordered unless we have notified you either in writing or via the telephone, that we do not accept your order or you have cancelled it.
In the event of unauthorised use of your credit or debit card, you should immediately notify your card provider in accordance with your account terms and conditions.
Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions for the sale of goods (The Conditions) will govern all contracts for sale that we enter into with you, the Customer, to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions. Please read these Conditions carefully.
1. These Conditions do not affect your statutory rights.
2. We will happily treat each order for goods as an offer by you to purchase the goods subject to these Conditions. You are deemed to accept the Conditions when you place an order for goods with us. The email response sent to you to acknowledge receipt of your order does not constitute acceptance of it. Your offer is accepted and our contract begins with you, our valued customer, when the goods are dispatched.
3. Your order for goods is subject to availability. If we are unable to supply goods to you for any reason we will try to inform you of the situation and refund any monies paid. If your goods are not available for more than 28 days we will endeavour to contact you and offer you a refund. If, however, you have not received your goods after 28 days and we have not contacted you, please contact customer services department.
We will not be responsible for compensating you for any other losses which you may suffer if we do not supply goods. We do not often have problems with our suppliers, but this does happen from time to time.
4. Many of the goods we sell are of a technical nature and unfortunately it is not practical to publish detailed specifications of all the goods and keep specifications 100% up to date.
All drawings, descriptive matter, specifications and advertising on our website are for the sole purpose of giving approximate descriptions of the goods.
5. Goods, other than faulty goods, may be returned within 30 days of the date of receipt by you of the goods. As you can appreciate, all such goods must be returned in an as new condition complete with packaging and all accessories, with the packaging unopened.
Unfortunately, goods which do not comply with this condition may not be returned. Where goods are returned in accordance with this provision, we will happily reimburse any money already paid by you, excluding any delivery costs incurred by us. We shall reimburse you within 30 days of our receipt of the returned goods.
6. We shall not be liable to you for any failure or delay in performance of our contract, if it is due to an event beyond our reasonable control. Including, without limitation; acts of God, war, industrial dispute, fire, flood, tempest and national emergencies and if so delayed we shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of time for performing such obligations.
7. We will deliver large/heavy items to the nearest available access point to the customers delivery address. As soon as we have delivered the goods to you, you will be responsible for them.
Our responsibility for everything other than damage due to our negligence will end at the time the carrier tried to deliver the goods to you.
If you refuse delivery of a product, you may be responsible for the cost of delivery and the cost of returning the product to us. Please call us before you do this and we will happily clarify.
8. IMPORTANT NOTICE: Time limit for notification of claims. If goods arrive in a damaged condition you must inform us within 7 days of either
(1) the date of delivery or
(2) the date when you ought reasonably to have known of the defect (where the defect is not apparent upon a reasonable inspection).
We request that customers inform us of damaged and/or faulty goods as soon as possible to enable us to resolve the issue with the minimum of time and inconvenience. If damaged goods returned are found not to be defective and in full working order, they will be returned to you. If you no longer want or require the product, you will be refunded in full, minus any shipping costs.
9. The price for the goods will be as stipulated on the website at the time when you place your order. We are entitled to make adjustments to the price to take account of any increase in our suppliers prices, the imposition of any new taxes or duties, or if due to an error or omission the price published for the goods on our website is wrong.
We try to ensure that all prices displayed on our website are accurate, but the price of the goods on your order will need to be validated by us prior to processing your order. If there is a problem, we will inform you of the correct price and will give you the opportunity to purchase the goods at the correct price.
10. Payment for the goods must be made by you in accordance with our Purchase Procedure. All orders are positively credit card sanctioned prior to despatch. We accept no responsibility if any details you provide us with are incorrect or if any order is held up as a result of incorrect details.
11. All prices on our website are in Pounds Sterling and exclusive of VAT and any delivery charges.
12. The contract between us shall be deemed to have been made in England and shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales. We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise. We will however endeavour to acknowledge all complaints within 7 working days. If you have a complaint contact us (see address in About Us section):
13. These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. Any such change shall not affect any contract subsisting between us at the time of such change.